Ph.D. Admissions in Suresh Gyan Vihar University are in accordance with the UGC Guidelines 2016. Admission for Ph.D .is on the basis of entrance test conducted by the University twice in one academic calendar year. Candidates seeking admission in Ph.D .program should have minimum 60% marks or equivalent in the respective post graduation. Admission will be confirmed only on clearance of Ph.D. Entrance Test and subsequent interview.
Area of Ph.D.
Click here for detail syllabus of Subject specific:
|Last date for registration of completed application forms (Online/Offline)
||30th June 2018
|Last date of submission of fee of Entrance Exam with Late Fee
||03rd July 2018
|Last date Issue of Admit Card
||05th July 2018
|Ph.D Entrance Test
||14th July 2018
|Personal Interview & original document verification
||14th July 2018
|Result of Ph.D Entrance Test
||21st July 2018
|Course Work Class Commencement
||20th Aug 2018
|Re-admission fee after last date as per SGVU rules
|Mode of Payment CASH/DD in favor of Suresh Gyan Vihar University, Payable at Jaipur
- Step 1: Procurement of Online Application Form for Admission Direct / Ph.D Entrance test (Rs.500/- Registration, Rs. 2000/- Entrance Examination fee & Rs. 2100/- Enrolment fee)
- Online Application Form should be duly filled in & submitted with all the desired scanned documents uploaded (only Original copy should be scanned)
- No Hard copy Required
- Step 2: Ph.D Entrance Test on 14th July 2018. Admit card shall be emailed.
- Step 3: Declaration of Result of Ph.D Entrance Test on the University Website www.gyanvihar.org
- Step 4: Date of personal Interview, Fee deposition of qualified applicants of Ph.D. Entrance Test or those who are eligible for direct admission/personal interview, the schedule for these will be notified through email and will be uploaded on the University website.
- Scrutiny of Forms and removal of deficiencies
- Deposition of requisite documents & subsequent verification (originals + 2 photocopies each)
- Consent letter from registered guide (Suresh Gyan Vihar University)
- Step 5: Synopsis submission after one month from the confirmation of admission
- Step 6: DRC and Course work examination: Date Shall be intimated through Mail
PhD ENTARNCE EXAM July 2018:
PATTREN OF PAPER One paper containing 50% questions on Research Methodology and 50% questions related to subject specific.
Total marks of entrance test = 100 Time- 3 hr
Part A- Research Methodology- Marks 50, Mode- Subjective (5 questions out of 7, each of 10 marks) Duration 1.5 hr
Part B- Subject Specific – Marks 50, Mode Subjective (5 questions out of 7, each of 10 marks) Duration 1.5 hr
Part A- SYLLABUS - RESEARCH METHODOLOGY :
- Introduction to Research Methodology : Meaning of Research, Objectives of Research, Motivations in Research, Types of Research, Research Approaches, Significance of Research, Research Methods v/s Methodology, Research and Scientific Methods, Research Process, Criteria of Good Research
Defining the Research Problem : What is Research Problem?, Selecting the Problem, Necessity of and Techniques in defining the problem
Sample Design: Implication, Steps. Criteria for selecting a sample procedure, Characteristics of Good sampling Procedure, Types of Sample Design, Selecting Random Samples, Complex random sampling Design
Methods of Data Collection: Collection of Primary Data, Observation Method, Interview method, Collection of Data through questionnaire and Schedules, Other methods. Collection of Secondary Data, Selection of appropriate method for data collection, Case Study Method, Guidelines for developing questionnaire, successful interviewing. Survey v/s experiment
Processing and Analysis of Data: Measures of Central Tendency, Dispersion,. correlation and Regression, Chi- square test : Applications, Steps, characteristics, limitations, Analysis of Variance and Co-variance
Testing of Hypothesis: Meaning, Basic concepts, Flow diagram, Power of a hypothesis test, Important parametric tests, Hypothesis Testing of Means, hypothesis testing of Correlation coefficients, Limitations of Tests of hypothesis.
The course work for the doctoral research has been made mandatory by the U.G.C. (University Grant Commission). Suresh Gyan Vihar University has decided to implement it judiciously for the benefit of the students pursuing Ph.D. The course work has been designed in such a way so as to support, motivate and encourage quality research. The students will get equipped with fundamentals of research methodology, communication skill and also recent developments in the field of their specialization. The course work has to be completed by the student in a satisfactory way before submission of thesis for the award of Ph.D degree. Course work evaluation would be done through CGPA and shall be mentioned in the degree.
||Duration of Exam
||Communication Skills will be adjudged by Thesis research publication
Paper I & II is common for all the Ph.D candidates,
Paper I exam will be conducted at Suresh Gyan Vihar University
Paper III will be on the specialization (Recent trends in respective subject). Syllabus to be framed by supervisors.
The candidate will be given two chances to qualify the course work On the basis of their score in course work SGPA shall be calculated & will be mentioned on the degree as per directives of UGC. Course Work Syllabus
Paper II will be submitted at the office of Dean Research, Suresh Gyan Vihar University. Before the written Ph.D. course work examination for Paper II, the student shall review 50 research articles related to his/her field of research and prepare a research article based on the following criteria.
- Relevant information on the article- importance, justification etc.
- Statement of research, questions and hypothesis framing
- Statement of research design and methodology
- Brief summary of finding and conclusion (based on the review of the 50 articles)
- Identifying research gaps.
The article should be on A4 size paper with proper margins on left and right side of the paper and top and bottom of the paper. It should be in typed form, using Times new roman, font 12, spacing 1.5, justified margins.
A DRC will be held for getting approval of the synopsis which is to be presented before the experts. The DRC meeting will be held only after the candidate has cleared all the three paper of Pre- Ph.D. Course Work Examination.