Master of Education (M.Ed.)
The Master of Education (M.Ed.) provides an opportunity for professionals in the field of Education to undertake advanced coursework and research in their area of interest. The course offers professional educators excellent career prospects in terms of advancement of knowledge and qualification and ultimately making them better teachers. The course prepares graduates to inquire into the nature of educational problems and generate new knowledge, which can be used to enhance policy and practice and help develop skills to tackle the challenging and dynamic world of teaching. The M.Ed. programme is designed to shape promising teacher educators with advanced teaching skills, research insights, and competence in delivery of contents. Besides the theory papers, the M.Ed. programme has dissertation.
- To enable student teachers to set high standards of professional competency, intellectual conviction and integrity.
- To develop the capacity, skill and knowledge among student teachers to create and sustain environment in modern day education.
- To equip the student teachers with the knowledge and skills of new technologies.
- To enable student teachers examine critically the theories and concepts of education drawn from various disciplines related to education such as Philosophy, Psychology, Sociology, Management, Economics, Science and Technology, ICT etc. in such a way that their linkages with methods, pedagogy and practices in the classroom can be enriched.
- To develop the capacity to undertake research in the field of education.
- To enable student teachers develop specialization in areas of education to emerge as educational leaders in those areas.