Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.)
The Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) programme aims at developing the understanding and competencies required by practicing teachers for effective teaching-learning process at the school level. This programme prepares prospective teachers to understand the psychological and sociological aspects of the child's development and also understand his behavior under different conditions. Also to learn the various methodologies and technologies of teaching learning processes. The course structure combined with theoretical and rigorous practice-teaching which prepares teacher trainees to become the master the art of teaching and the ability to deal with students based on their individual differences in various classroom situations.
- To provide opportunities to teacher trainees that enable learning experiences to make subject matter meaningful at secondary level.
- To make the student teachers understand how children learn and develop, how they differ in their approaches to learning and create learning opportunities that benefit diverse learners and learning contexts.
- To develop the skills of student teachers to plan learning experiences in and outside the classroom that are based on learners' existing proficiency, interests, experiences and knowledge, and enable them to understand how students come to view, develop, learn and make sense of subject matter contained in the curriculum.
- To develop the capacity among student teachers to use knowledge of effective verbal, non-verbal and media communication techniques to foster active enquiry, collaboration and supportive interaction in the classroom.
- To enable the student teachers to understand emotional and physical development of the learners.
- To provide student teachers self-identity as a 'teacher' through school based learning experiences and reflective practices that continually evaluate the effects of their choices and actions.