Here we are, taking a small human step in the direction of this dream we harbor. We announce scholarships worth Rs 10 Crore for the upcoming session. (2017-18) Considering the financial limitations, we have decided to award scholarships on the basis of merit. The entire cost of education for all selected students will entirely be borne by the University. Selected students will thus have no monetary obligation towards the University.
100 meritorious students will be selected each year based on their academic performance.
For Undergraduate ProgramsStudents will have to enroll and subsequently appear for GVSAT. Gyanvihar Scholastic Aptitude Test (GVSAT) is conducted by SGVU annually as the eligibility test for various undergraduate programs. Students having successfully passed 10+2 examinations are eligible to appear for GVSAT. Students who perform exceptionally in GVSAT, the subsequent interview and having secured 85% or more marks in 10+2 across a spectrum of recognized boards will be eligible to be awarded freeship for the Undergraduate Programs they have applied in. On a weighted average pattern, the score of GVSAT will hold 40% weightage, the marks in 10+2 will hold another 50% weightage and the interview will be worth 10%. All the weighted average scores will be compiled in a merit list and the top 70 scorers will be awarded the freeship.
For Postgraduate Programs:Students who perform exceptionally in GVSAT, the subsequent interview and having secured 75% or more marks in undergraduate programs across a spectrum of disciplines will be eligible to be awarded freeship for the Postgraduate Programs they have applied in. On a weighted average pattern, the score of GVSAT will hold 40% weightage, the marks in Undergraduate program will hold another 50% weightage and the interview will be worth 10%. All the weighted average scores will be compiled in a merit list and the top 30 scorers will be awarded the freeship.
The freeship scheme will be "rolling" in nature and the award will shift to deserving candidates in subsequent years based on their performance in University Examinations. The freeship concerns the academic cost of the course. Selected students will be paying accommodation fees.
Leaders of tomorrowWe want to create a synergic relationship between the University and the Industry. We want to build an atmosphere where individuals with multifarious inclinations, affinities and talents are identified, groomed and nurtured to truly become the Leaders of Tomorrow. The University plans on selecting students through various platforms which will be specifically designed to unearth the unique aptitudes and talents of bright young students. The following competitions will be held to select 50 bright young students who will be awarded 100 percent freeship for their respective courses.
- Codethon : Coding competition to select the brightest young coders for a world which is increasingly becoming digital. The ablest minds will be awarded 100 percent freeship for the programs of their interest.
- Get Quizzical: Answering difficult questions is an art difficult to master. The best of minds will be identified and awarded with freeships across courses.
- Model making/Circuit Making Competition: Making meaningful mechanical and electrical contraptions/devices/circuits in a laboratory setting. The engineers of tomorrow have to be identified and groomed at the earliest possible. Those selected will be eligible for 100 percent freeship in programs of their interest.
- Spelling Bee: Exceptional young men and women with a flair for language will be identified and awarded freeship.
- B-plan competition: The business leaders and game changers of tomorrow. The ones with the most exciting b-plans will be awarded freeship for the programs of their interest. They will also be mentored during the course of their studies.
- Social Venture Competition: Encouraging youngsters to come up with sustainable and viable social solutions. The deserving social entrepreneurs will be awarded freeship in the programs of their interest.
- Turn Coat: Stirring up orators. The best public speakers would be eligible for freeship in the programs of their interest.
- Essay Writing Competition: Bringing out the best of literary talent. The best writers would be eligible for freeship in the program of their interest.
- Radio Podcast: A competition where we will be inviting 2-minute audio bulletins of international news. The best presenters will be eligible to 100 percent freeship in the programs of their interest.
- Art Wars: To bring out the artists and tech savvy designers amongst our youngsters. Exceptional performers will be eligible for 100 percent freeship in the programs of their interest.
- Ideas of tomorrow: Encouraging students to come forward with innovative scientific ideas. The best ones will be selected for 100 percent freeship in the programs of their interest.